Tuesday, December 06, 2016

My photoshopping friend and his Dadvent Calendar

When you're a creative you tend to have a whole bunch of creative friends, this results in a pretty colourful Facebook feed (no complaints there). The last couple of years my friend Matt Bonito (who is a graphic designer) decided to make his very own advent calendar photoshopping his dad Dom into famous photographs and scenes in films. What started off as him probably being bored at home turned into all his friends now demanding a new calendar every year.

Here's what Matt had to say about it, "I started doing it a couple of years ago, just taking pictures of my dad mucking about around the house. He used to be a teacher at the local high school, which makes him a bit of a local celebrity, so the posts became really popular among my (and his) friends. People now look forward to it every year, and the creative in me means the posts are getting gradually more elaborate as the years go by. We have an audience ranging from surly teenagers to sweet old ladies, so I need to be careful with the quotes I add, as well as some of the subject matter. All the pictures are taken on my phone, and I have to position him in various different positions around the house depending on what sort of lighting is required, so Photoshop ends up doing a lot of the heavy lifting." 

It's pretty much my favourite Christmas advent calendar ever and I felt it was my duty to share with the world.

Here are the images he's manipulated so far this year...





Dom Bonito in the movies (and some telly). 

THE ADVENT CALENDAR.

Starts tomorrow.



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar 2016, Day 1:

"HEEEERE'S DONNY!"




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 2:


"Tell you what sunshine, you tell your made up stories, I'll play my banjo, and we'll see who's most popular" 




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 3:

"Cor she looks tasty. I wish I hadn't eaten that fat kid earlier"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 4:

"Oh bloody hell...HAS ANYONE SEEN MY KEYS?" 




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 5:


"No...no I'm pretty sure he's talking to me" 




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 6:

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I swapped your sand for pasta, so...better get ready to leg it" 

#dadvent2016


The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 7: 

"Alright mate, heard you're giving out favours. Mind helping me with my bow tie?"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 8:

"Oh for crying out loud you two, I just tidied in here!"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 9: 

"COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO hear a delightful collection of folk songs"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 10:

"DB phone hoooooOOOOOOME!"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar, Day 11:

"I chose life. It was a right old kerfuffle if you ask me"


This year isn't over yet of course so keep up with Matt's #dadvent2016 on social media! Twitter and Instagram

If you want to see more now, here is the complete 2015 Dadvent Calendar...




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 1:


"Cor, she's alright! Glad I cleared the grit out of me ears"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 2:

"HELLO WOULD YOU LIKE SOME BANJO PEACE TOO?"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 3:


"Oi mate, it's OPEN mic night, let someone else have a go"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 4:

"McCaaaartneeeey! You really will be dead in a minute if you and your hippy mates don't move it!"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 5:


"Al! Why haven't I leaped yet?!"




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 6:


"Sorry lad, I don't do requests"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 7


The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 8:

"Specific female singer becomes milk thief, 8 letters. Hmmm...."



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 9:


"OK I think I need to talk to someone about my costume..."





The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 10:

"Loooooool! That's his shopping list mate!"





The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 11:

"Fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round!"





The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 12:

"You're alright...you're alright...you're alright..."




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 13:


"Can anyone else hear Liza Minnelli?"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 14:

"Yo there cupcake! Swallow that gum and meet me in the cloakroom in 5, 4, 3, 2...now"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 15:


"Oh bloody hell...has anyone seen my keys?"




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 16:


"Behold! The ravages of age!"





The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 17:

"Phwaor! Let's have a go next!"




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 18:


"Did someone say 'revolution'?!"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 20:

"Hold still love, I missed a spot"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 21:


"Someone sitting there mate"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 22:

"Look, I can't find your ball. You sure it didn't go over next door's?"




The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 23:


"I got these gifts for you they're up in my bum"



The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 24:


The Dom Bonito Advent Calendar Day 25:

"I'll give you £200 if you call him Alan. Alan Christ"

2 comments: